Candidates will be interviewed either in Würzburg if they are based in Europe or happen to be nearby during the interview day. All others will be interviewed by video conferences.
The interview will take place in front of the admission board and consists of:
- a presentation (10 min) by the candidate about a recent research project of their own (e.g. Bachelor thesis)
- a discussion about the presentation and a general interview (10 min each)
The interview will be evaluated by the following criteria:
- Presentation: English / rhetoric standard, introduction, results (presentation, didactics, design), quality of experiments (controls, standards, statistics), critical reflection (interpretation), summary, 10 min limit matched
- Discussion: Eagerness to discuss, ability to comprehend questions, meaningful answers, ability to put own work into scientific context, ability to respond to critical questions
- General Interview: Reflection of scientific career plans, knowledge of current developments in neurosciences, general knowledge, communicative behavior